- 9 out of 10 startups fail (source: Startup Genome – the 2019 report claims 11 out of 12 fail).
- 7.5 out of 10 venture-backed startups fail (source: Shikhar Ghosh).
- 2 out of 10 new businesses fail in the first year of operations (source: Bureau of Labor).
Failure rates of all new businesses:
- 20% failure rate until the end of the 1st year
- 30% failure rate until the end of the 2nd year
- 50% failure rate until the end of the 5th year
- 70% failure rate until the end of the 10th year
There are new VC business models coming, and we, 1337Works are one of them. We are a venture builder that not only provides our network, works with a startup, becomes a strategic partner, invests, but also mentors and empowers a startup to become great – maybe the next Unicorn.