As we can see below, Alphabet Inc., which owns Google and other companies, has a huge portfolio of companies. In 2020 it joined the elite companies, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft with a market cap of 1 trillion dollars.
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐬:
- close to 120,000 employees,
- Google has more than 40,000 searches are performed every second,
- Google has more than 3,5 billion searches per day,
- close to 50% of product searches are performed on Google,
- the original name of Google was Backrub,
- in 2002 Yahoo wanted to buy Google for 3 billion, and Google said no.